TOP 10 HOMESCHOOLING LESSONS FROM A STAY-AT-HOME-DAD!
Philosopher Stefan Molyneux has been a stay-at-home dad for 11 years – he gives you his Top 10 Principles for homeschooling success – and answers questions from the audience!
- Get kids reading EARLY!
- Show your OWN love of learning!
- Don’t teach ANYTHING before you can explain to kids why they should learn it.
- Show the value of learning by having practical knowledge yourself.
- Be honest about disliking particular topics.
- Explain the value of doing math by hand.
- Do not hesitate to show the gore and dangers of nature and history.
- Start a topic by explaining the practical problem it is trying to solve.
- Weave education into actual activities, rather than just sitting around a desk.
- Remember: theory should ALWAYS lead to practice!
- DON’T WORRY!
Sign up for the Freedomain Newsletter to receive previews of upcoming shows, exclusive presentations, invitations to private call in shows and much more!